If you want to make a complaint you can contact us in the following ways:
- Telephone: 01225 526206
- In writing to: Wessex Searches, Operations Centre, Claverton Down Road, Bath, BA2 7WW
- Visit us for a face-to-face discussion
When a complaint is received, we will:
- Aim to resolve at first point of contact.
- If we cannot resolve at the time, we shall acknowledge the complaint within 5 working days from receipt.
- We will fully investigate and provide a final response, in writing, within 10 working days of receipt.
- If more time is required to investigate, we will keep you informed by letter, telephone, or email, and when we are likely to be able to provide our final response.
- We will also be happy to liaise with a third party on your behalf should you require us to do so.
Once investigated, if we consider the complaint to be justified, we will:
- Provide a revised search and undertake necessary action to put things right within our control, as soon as practically possible.
- Keep you informed of any action required.
- While we aim to resolve the complaint the first time, in the event we are unable to resolve the issue to your satisfaction, you are free to contact an independent body.
If a search takes longer than 10 working days to complete and we have made no communication, or communicated the reasons for the delay, you will receive the search free of charge.
If you are not satisfied with the final response, or timescales have been exceeded, you may refer your complaint to The Property Ombudsman (TPO) via telephone: 01722 333306, website: www.tpos.co.uk, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman during an investigation and comply with their final decision.
Abusive, persistent or vexatious complaints policy
Wessex Searches are committed to dealing with complaints in a personal, professional, and proactive manner, and within agreed timescales as detailed above. If a complainant acts in a way that is unreasonably persistent or vexatious, we will follow our Abusive, Persistent or Vexatious Complaints Policy which applies to all customers, members of the public, third parties and businesses.